Monday, June 1, 2015

It all started with a dare

Ludum Dare that is - Jayson invited me (Rudi) to take part in Ludum Dare 32 with him, where we had 72 hours to create a game from scratch. He did the coding, and I attempted graphics. It was bucket loads of fun - so much, in fact, that I've now joined up with Alister Software as a full-on part time Indie Game Developer. We even got some very nice comments and our score wasn't bad at all (just under 3 out of 5 for graphics was a real confidence boost for me haha!)

So I'm officially one half of the development team. My main goal is to manage our marketing efforts (I have close to 10 years experience in web development, and almost 15 years programming) and actual game programming as well. I'm very quickly starting to get up to scratch with Unity3d, which is the main engine we will be making our games in.

Our first game, Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant is going on sale on www.desura.com later today (have a look at it here: http://www.desura.com/games/star-chronicles-delta-quadrant), and it has been Greenlit on Steam as well - want to get it launched on Steam as soon as we can!

We are currently busy with Catch a Falling Star, a game where you must catch falling stars :) It's a casual game and we're going to launch on Android at first, and if it's successful, we'll definitely do Windows and Apple devices as well! It's going to be free to play, with no hidden in app purchases (it will be ad supported though).

This blog will serve as our development blog, keeping the public up to date with what's happening at Alister Software. We also really like to give back to the community, so I will definitely be writing some tutorials and stuff on how I achieved certain things - just because it took me 10 hours to do something that should've taken 1 hour, doesn't mean you have to - I'll gladly share my experience and tips & tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment